top of page
  • Writer's pictureWojciech Doktor

The necessary documents for TRC/Karta Pobytu

1. The application form for a temporary residence permit completed in accordance with the instructions (all boxes), signed legibly with the name and surname in Latin characters;

2. 4 current “biometric” photographs – intact, colour, 35 x 45 mm in size, taken over the last 6 months on a uniform bright background, with good sharpness and showing clearly the eyes and face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders, so that the face occupies 70-80 % of the photographs. The photographs are intended to depict a person without a headgear and dark-lensed glasses, looking directly ahead with eyes open, hair removed from face, a natural expression on a face and a closed mouth;

3. Photocopy of a valid passport, all filled pages (original available for inspection at the office)

Depending on the reason for issuing the card, it must also be attached: (you can also complete during the proceedings)


  • certificate of study (together with student’s periodic achievement form);

  • health insurance;

  • confirming the possession of sufficient financial resources to cover the costs of education, living and return – after deduction of the costs of living (i.e. PLN 776 net – a person running household alone, PLN 600 net – a person in the family, per family member – costs of living, PLN 200 or PLN 2500 – for return);

  • confirming the amount of the costs of living (lease agreement, statement of the owner of the premises, certificate from the student’s home, etc.)

  • proof of payment of tuition fees, if they are chargeable.


  • Annex No 1

  • confirmation of having health insurance;

  • the information of the staroste and the documents proving that you meet the requirements listed in the labour market test, unless you are exempt from the obligation to have the labour market test;

  • confirming of accommodation provided (lease agreement, declaration of the owner of the premises, etc.);

  • If your work means performing the function of a board member or other legal person, attach the documents proving that your employer has met the requirements listed in the card that concerns running of business activities.

To get a positive decision, your source of stable and regular income must be sufficient for supporting you and your family members, (ie. monthly PLN 776 net – a person running household alone, 600 PLN net – a person in the family, per family member), if the monthly earnings indicated in Annex no 1 are insufficient, you may enclose a statement from the person who is supporting the family with you, together with documents proving the bonds and the source of his/her income, i.e., for example, a marriage certificate and an employment contract of employment / mandate contract etc.

In order to speed up the procedure, you can also attach a certificate of no tax obstacles – ZAS-W printout.

Important additional information:

  • If there is a need for additional clarification or if the abovementioned documents are missing – you will be called upon to provide the necessary documents.

  • Documents in the form of photocopies should be certified as true copies by an employee of the local Office or a notary or legal adviser – if he is your attorney.

  • When changing the place of residence or correspondence address, inform the voivode each time.

  • In case your residence is coming to an end and you cannot register your visit online, do not wait! Submit an application in the general chancellery of the Office or send it by mail.

The application shall be submitted in person, not later than on the last day of legal residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland.

When submitting the application, the foreigner is obliged to submit fingerprints.

If the application is not submitted in person or is sent by post, you will be summoned to appear in person within a period not shorter than 7 days from the delivery of the summons on pain of leaving the application unprocessed.


31 views0 comments


bottom of page